Saturday 21 August 2021

Roomy

I give thanks for the luxury of waking to the sound of rain when you're cosy and dry inside. For the luxury of getting wet in a leisurely morning bath instead. For the weather brightening up for the holiday makers...and for me to weave through the bustle to the Co op for bread and milk. 

Short on energy and enthusiasm for most of the day, I struggled to get into anything - even doing nothing at all. For trying to be creative...and when that didn't work for trying to meditate...and when that didn't work either for going back to the mosaic that wasn't turning out as I'd hoped, trying different tiles and techniques and it beginning to look much much better than I'd imagined in the first place. 

I give thanks for having to tidy my toys away however, partly as Clive is due tomorrow to do a job in the kitchen which should mean more room in the spare room (but room had to be made for him to get in there)... and partly as I was going out for takeaway tea with Mima from the restaurant just outside the castle grounds. I give thanks for delicious food, which we'd meant to eat outside...but also for the inside of her car when the heavens opened at just the wrong time! For a brief respite from the rain to stroll, sniff the fresh damp air and admire the beautiful view of the estuary, including deer munching their own tea in the parkland. Their wagging tails always cheer me up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics