Tuesday 24 August 2021

Shocking

I give thanks for nasty cramp waking me up demanding a walkabout twice in the night, as I got to see a very nice moon twice too! For sticking to Plan A today (sunny version) despite being very weary and bleary eyed because (shock horror) it was actually one of those rare days that are warm enough even for me. I was beginning to fear there might not be another this year... let alone another year for me. 

For accepting an increase in my steroid dose as their effect on my liver enzymes has stalled...and for also making it clear I don't intend to keep taking them for much longer if they don't start doing more good than harm. Enough already with the messing my body about! 

For fighting my way through the heat-crazed crowds (honestly you could literally not take a step forward on the pavements at times!) and finding a rather out of the way and secluded spot right at the top of the park to munch a yummy packed lunch and read a book about murderers' minds for an hour or so before lugging home a load of veg.

I give thanks for a short unplanned nap after that, and then when I dragged myself into the kitchen to start preparing tomorrow's tea...reminding myself Tesco was due and actually it wouldn't hurt to eat mostly ready made stuff two days in a row, though it still feels like a skive I should 'justify'. I give thanks for making a mental note to be less hard on myself, though how successful that will be we shall see. Other trips maybe off the agenda but I still take myself on guilt trips several times a day...  

For a very cheery driver bringing all items bar one. For seeing four fluffy grey cygnets bobbing on the brook with mum and dad. For a little progress on some bright pink linen trousers I'm making, my first (passable) attempt at grouting for a very long time...and beginning my first attempt at 'grown up' mosaic ie. cutting stained glass into pieces instead of using pre formed shapes. I give thanks this was much more fun than making curry, and lolling about on the sofa for an hour has been pretty damn fine as well! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics