Friday 6 August 2021

Mountainous

I give thanks for a better evening, night and start to the day which meant I could tackle the mountain of washing as my home help is away visiting her brother. I give thanks there are folk who have family who want to see them and they want to see... and for whom it's possible to do so. 

For mostly dodging the showers on the way to the train and for the extremely scenic journey. For the sight of all those suitcases and rucksacks. I give thanks for folk who can have proper job holidays now as well and, as I can't, for living in a beautiful part of the country...albeit one short on mountains which I'm beginning to desperately crave. For the renal consultant being happy for me to take another Wednesday off... when oncology have finished mending what they broke..which is going take a while yet the way things have been going. 

For managing a nap during treatment despite noisy machine alarms going off ( thankfully not mine!), staff shortages and several staff in my section being the kind that make mountains out of molehills so they spread their stress around. For much mirth with my cheery taxi driver on the way home, a home made Quorn pie with not home made pastry heating up for my tea, and for feeling fairly well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics