Thursday 26 August 2021

Corny

I give thanks for the calm before the sun - much easier to get up the top of town when it's cool and cloudy...and for the beautiful magnolia tree I passed on the way. 

For the friendliness of folk up there, it's a completely different atmosphere to the eager but beleaguered tourist trap down by the sea. For getting new keys cut, and raiding Costcutter for a couple of bits for the food bank collection point in the library nearby. In fact I raided several food shops, which is great as I won't need to do so again for days.

I give thanks for feeling more mellow today on account of more sleep helped by the calming painkillers I ration as they hit the spot and I'd hate them to stop doing so. For even the lower town and beach staying relatively mellow as well, despite a sunny afternoon - relaxed and relatively empty enough for me to pop out for another wander. For an unusual amount of energy... and for some mosaic materials I'm very keen to get my hands on not arriving so I used it for other tasks. For corn on the cob from the farm shop bargain table for afternoon tea...and a low loud Chinook swooping past as I ate it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics