Friday 13 August 2021

Unfair

Thank goodness I had more get up and go today, as from the moment I got up it was all go dealing with a multiple changes of other people's plans. For sorting out alternative transport and chasing missing meds as best I could and for having just enough time and energy to go and buy some fresh bits before leaving earlier than usual with a different driver to collect them. For thus discovering a fair setting up in the park for the start of Covid abridged Carnival Week. Not that it's any use to me...the only ride that appeals is the dodgems and an unaccompanied adult on the dodgems would be...well... dodgy...but it's good to know I'm advance the town centre will be extra busy.

I give thanks it will probably be fun for kids and couples and families, and (as things that are noisy and fun are just noisy if you're not joining in!) for headphones, earplugs etc for me. 

Meanwhile I give thanks for being home and it being quiet except for those workmen scraping away. For the second beautiful evening in a row for those that are out and about. For trying my best to respond to the kind of small talk encountered throughout the day. I'll never enjoy or excel at it but I am aware it's unfair to expect others to be like me, I'm the abnormal one after all, and they need more than verbal nods...or verbal shakes of the head! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics