Sunday 29 August 2021

Jarring

I give thanks catching the steam train earlier, as I've rather run out of it myself today and I always find the sound a bit of a thrill...even more so if I move fast enough to see it pass. For planning a long lie in after a short night's sleep, and for being awake to be aware enough of what was going on and leap out of bed when a ladder top appeared outside my window around 8 am. For giving thanks for an hour or two of further exterior improvements despite some disappointment I couldn't get the restorative rest required. 

I give thanks for another fine day, and for feeling fine about doing very little at all, though it's always a bit of a shock to the system to move so swiftly from a 'good' day to one verging on 'bad'. Also for sticking to the plan to meet Mima at a spot where we figured refreshments would be served in a refreshingly scenic but underpopulated spot. For being right...and for making it up s short section of hill for a quick tour of her new flat and the well kept communal gardens before very gratefully accepting a lift home.

For finding a forgotten stash of Paracetamol. For culinary assistance from jars of pesto and Rendang paste to rustle up food for tonight and tomorrow respectively. For my hands free can opener for the butter beans for the curry. For my sofa and some undemanding Netflix offerings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics