Monday 16 August 2021

Needy

I give thanks for being home. I left home earlier than I needed to to see if I could buy stuff I thought I needed in the city before going to hospital, but the items proved very elusive...and public transport, the streets and shops too crowded for my tastes. Oh well, I escaped the carnival PA for a while and, though Patisserie Valerie was closed due to Covid, Pret a Manger, despite being rather short staffed and slow was able to fill me up with tea and Danish pastry. And Lush was quiet so I could nearly choose some new perfume...but not quite because the hand sanitiser they spray on you was so strongly fragranced.

I give thanks for plenty of energy for all the futile walking about... For finding a carton of long life milk to take to the food bank collection point at the library when I go to collect a book - I could only manage to carry one in case you're wondering. For the opportunity to reformulate my concept of 'need'...

I give thanks for oatcakes to take with my meds when I got home, and a yummy pre-made home made curry for my tea. For a very healthy appetite at the moment. For my taxi driver being well enough to be home from hospital, though not well enough to drive a taxi yet. For the TV and my munching to drown out the very shouty commentary to the It's a Knockout tournaments..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics