Tuesday 17 August 2021

Perambulatory

I'm grateful the town has been busy, it's what the traders need. For folk seeming to be having fun on their hols, staycations and day trips likewise. For trying to keep busy myself and make my way through a rather wimpy weepy day, with more pain than I'd prefer, especially the unkindest kind in the mind. 

For making my way, eventually, up to the library to collect my reserved book (a jolly offering from a forensic psychiatrist) and drop off the milk at the food bank collection point...where I was extremely surprised to see a bottle of wine! Guess it's an essential for some... 

For my grandstand view of the only carnival activity taking place outside the park this year - the pram race. This involves fancy dressed people pushing/running beside decorated wheeled contraptions while drinking beer at numerous check points along the way. Probably all for the best I only saw the start...but I give thanks it raised a bit of a chuckle and smile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics