Saturday 7 August 2021

Lidded

I've not been good at grateful or appreciative today, being physically and mentally too low for that kind of thing to be foremost in my mind. I did remember to give thanks for a roof over my head when the rain was pouring down, and enjoyed the sight of a tiny puppy (Dachshund) happily investigating puddles, and a tiny child (breed unknown) in a bright mac happily clambering over the adventure golf obstacles. For Mima taking me to some useful places in her car and acquiring some useful things to take home including a scone in a box to butter for my tea...For summoning enough interest and humour to wonder if a sign outside a garden centre advertising 'otter' breakfasts would serve raw fish...

I give thanks good timing and poor weather meant easy parking and no traffic jams. For the sun breaking through to literally brighten the day of the tourists and trippers after I got home. For some attempts at being of benefit to others (adjusting a mosaic commission that isn't looking quite right) and myself (finding something to watch absorbing enough to distract from the negativity in my head)... and for giving up on both and simply closing my eyes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics