Sunday 8 August 2021

Ground

I was grateful the gulls had a lie in this morning... They've been extra noisy extra early the last week or two and it meant I could enjoy my own rather more. For remembering to hope they weren't blighting someone else's daybreak instead, and working out that some of the situations which are contributing to my low mood at the moment are almost certainly more the way other people prefer them to be so therefore actually something to be grateful for on their behalf. 

I give thanks for less liver pain and other horrid symptoms today, though no reduction in stress about the tests and results to come. I'm grateful for new nighties and knickers, books and snacks in a hospital bag of course, but still not keen to use it... 

For a bit of cooking and (mysteriously) a whole lot more washing up. For a bright idea to use some biscuits that were too sweet, grinding them with my new blender attachment and using them instead of sugar in an oaty topping for blueberries. 

For beginning and enjoying Nomads...particularly as I'd been saving it for a day of special reading need. For its reminders of the many kinds of good fortune I have living right here right now, despite how dismal I feel about it at times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics