Saturday 14 August 2021

Babbling

I give thanks for trying to outrun my miserable mood this morning. This rarely works unless you can go a good deal further and faster than was possible today, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to try, especially as there was a man painting the wall outside and unexpectedly appearing outside my windows in a disconcerting way. I am extremely grateful for having maintenance done, and without all the stress and grief we had at the old place but it's not very relaxing nevertheless. 

For the recycled sculpture trail, and a pilot boat guiding a coaster in through the hoards of pleasure craft around the bay and beach even though neither gladdened my heart the way they sometimes do. For spotting a menu sporting monkfish curry (a particular favourite of mine) but it was a tapas bar that didn't do takeaway and eating a solitary portion (in both senses) while popular types swigged gin with chums would be unlikely to be in the slightest bit jolly, so I had to be grateful for a memory of eating it before with a friend at the end of a gloriously scenic railway line when such wonders were possible . 

For the sun coming out this afternoon and finding an empty seat to soothe my bodily aches and pains. For sight of a kite dancing in the wind. For the babble of the brook up above where the tourists rarely toddle, and few locals now the park is half dug up...

I give thanks for Sainsbury's bringing the groceries I needed...if not all the ones I wanted. You can't always get what you want, especially in 2021!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics