Friday 6 June 2014

My treat

I'm grateful for all the times lately I've heard folk say to their companions in cafes 'My treat'. Isn't it lovely that people treat people? I'm grateful for seeing a rather classy looking new patisserie today where I would love to treat someone should I ever get the opportunity. Form an orderly queue, or I could just gaze at the concoctions  in the window again!


I'm grateful my bus was on time this morning, and that I remembered to get a photo of the poppies as the man was spraying them today and they won't look so pretty before long. I'm grateful that at last I got to see the renal consultant again...and that she listened to me. I'm so used to people paying scant attention to anything I say, and was steeled for this being the case today, so it felt rather like a treat even though neither of us had good news for the other. I'm grateful I've lots of practice at being in situations I'd really rather not be, including being in them on my own when I'd rather not be as well. I'm grateful I still have myself to talk through difficulties and problems with - never busy, disinterested or indifferent, aware of all the angles and usually kind and wise.

I'm grateful I made it to Lush afterwards and bought myself something to wallow in other than self pity...And for a brilliant busker filling the street with beautiful sounds. 

I'm grateful I've found a minimum of five things to be grateful for every day for three whole years!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for all your posts and gratefulness for the past three years. I've only been following for half that time, but I'm grateful for your comments on "life, the universe and everything".

    Thank you for the links that you paste in, always worth a look.

    Thank you for your honesty with us and to yourself.

    Thank you for your Buddhist tendencies.

    Thank you for the atmospheric photos of your locality.

    Thank you for reminding me of the importance of the "small" things that are delightful in life.

    Thank you for writing and sharing this blog, it is a manifestation of loving kindness and I look forward to the next three years.

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics