Sunday 15 June 2014

Clickity click

It would be nice if that were the sound of my knitting needles, but actually it's the bones in my wrist when I crochet! I'm used to a little symphony of crunching and grating from various joints but this is new and I actually thought it was knitting needles at first as I was crocheting at one end of a piece that had a circular needle on the other. I give thanks for the comforting squeeze of a new elastic bandage.

I give thanks for all the non-news content on the BBC website. I have an aversion to the normal fodder - the spin and the spiraling engendering of fear and hate, but if you get past those there are some fascinating articles on all manner of subjects. Thus I discovered landreader.com - a collaborative project compiling a glossary of terms for British landscape features and photographing examples. Etymology, participation and beautiful images of countryside...oh, multiple gratitudes for me there! Plus the chap doing it uses the word liminal on his website - a word I first encountered in the first year of a Social Anthropology degree but which struck me as woefully underused beyond the academic world being both pronounceable and pithy.

I give thanks to Andrew Castle for being grateful to comments on social media so we can both pass on the description of the Queen's final as being 'one for the girls' without political incorrectness or assumptions it's our own opinion of the players' looks and charm! I had it down as possibly a good match and it was, one of the best finals I've seen outside of a Grand Slam - at times even causing me at times to put the knitting and crochet down too, for which my body was very grateful.

I give thanks to Bob for sending me this. I was really puzzled when I first saw the link, you may be too...persevere!
http://gralienreport.com/ancient-mysteries-2/man-solved-roman-dodecahedron-mystery/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics