Saturday 28 June 2014

Pretty mixed

I give extra thanks that I didn't go to the concert last night because I've just realised it's next week - duh! This means I have a second chance to attend, and also can experience the state of mistake which I don't get nearly enough of and I hope will make me more understanding of people who do! I thought that...and then got another when I spotted a (deal breaking, large amount of unpicking essential) error in my knitting that I'd not noticed before as it was in the curled up bit at the beginning of a piece. I'd hoped to feel I was really on the way with this jumper now, maybe even feel that it will be ready for my trip away but I'm grateful I'm not Greg Wallace - it won't be a disaster if it's not finished in time! There is so much to do and so little energy to move from one spinning plate to another in time, as I try to keep my wagon rolling along despite all the wheels coming off and only a headless chicken pushing... Am I mixing my metaphors here? I give thanks that the bits I've done are pretty...even if they'd be pretty chilly on their own!


I give thanks for everyone doing nice things with nice people this weekend. I'm still in grateful shock that someone nice asked me to do something nice with them last weekend, but happy just to be plodding on with stuff at home alone as usual this one. I'm grateful to me for getting a little more of the paperwork and form filling done, to me for making me pancakes, and to me for washing up! And for a thunderstorm while this was going on - very exciting plus it shut the pigeons up which made my neighbour who shouts at them shut up too! Poor chap, he gets so cross and frustrated - I once left a pair of earplugs outside his door to see if this might help but I guess he hasn't worked out how to smoke them yet...

I give thanks for seeing images of the AELTC and remembering with fondness being there...likewise Worthy Farm and all those happy trippy drippy campers! I give thanks for thinking to listen to commentary on headphones on the net while watching the match play on my TV so as to drown out the feral children and howling dog next door whilst not having the volume so loud as to annoy everyone else...shame the TV's a game or so ahead so they don't actually sync up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics