Wednesday 4 June 2014

Fixation


There's a lot of things I cannot fix...and a lot of people supposedly fixing things on my behalf I cannot change in anyway either! So today, wallowing a little in the quagmire of all this, I was really grateful to discover I had both the skills and the materials to fix a crochet hook with a soft grip handle and sharp snag at the join where it met the shaft that was (funnily enough) snagging. I had some special tape left over from when I used to have to fix my own surgical appliances so I'm grateful I don't have to do that any more as well. In fact some of the situations I'm in now remind me of when I was being mistreated for cancer and reliably misinformed about what to do to make it stop, so I've been giving thanks no matter how trying the stuff I'm trying to deal with at the moment it's not matters of life and death.

On the other hand I'm grateful that my experiences over the last few years have taught (are continuing to teach) me not to be so fixated on trying to fix any part of my little life or path to death. We all tend to live as if we're Celebrities who should be Got Out of Here exactly when and how we choose and no jungle nasties on the way, neither for ourselves nor our nearest and dearest, thank you very much. It's all 'jungle nasties should be reserved for some other person, time or place, some other family, race or religion, another political party or sexual persuasion perhaps', and Someone Should do Something About it and 'like if you agree' and so on, forgetting we are no more significant than the ants that crawl or drops of rain that fall on the forest floor. All we can do is try to care more and care less in appropriate places and I'm grateful for all the times I'm reminded of this...

I also give thanks for the following - worth a look even if you think you don't like Banksy or Lego or flowers!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/robynwilder/banksy-lego

http://www.boredpanda.com/flowers-look-like-animals-people-monkeys-orchids-pareidolia/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics