Sunday 8 June 2014

Appreciating acceptance

I give thanks for a thoughtful and grateful anonymous comment on the post before last. It made me realise how rarely I am thanked or hear any appreciation from anyone, though to be fair there's not many times I warrant it, I'm sure. I'm grateful I remember to appreciate and thank myself, and that I rarely have to decipher false compliments or point scoring praise - something the appreciation poor can struggle with. Boy, are we suckers for a bit of flattery!

I give thanks for finding some inner peace and acceptance here and there, though it's been a bit 'reasons to be tearful' in my head the last couple of days which can leach away my own appreciation. I was grateful to see far stronger folk than I shedding tears of emotion today, in the gracious winning and losing at Roland Garros. Also for a documentary about mods and rockers with vintage photos and footage, and the chance to find out what some of them were like grown up!

I give thanks for a beautiful sunny evening here, and for the thought of going out to appreciate it better...before merely considering logistics proved too tiring to take on.

I'm grateful for Ryland's family for sharing their story so full of love
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAHCqnux2fk

And for these images that made me remember how very fortunate I have been in life
http://www.theguardian.com/society/gallery/2014/jun/05/portraits-of-people-living-on-a-dollar-a-day-in-pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics