Friday 20 June 2014

Harbour flights

I give thanks for another cooler cloudier breezier day here. Not unpleasant in anyway for the non-weather gods but perfect for a tired one who needs to rest and restore ahead of a long day out tomorrow. I give great thanks to Gary for inviting me to accompany him to an air show neither of us has been to before in a place we don't really know, so that there is a sense of anticipation of adventure as well as the familiarity of an old(ish) friendship both with each other and what those magnificent men in their flying machines can do...and any women who might be piloting too, of course! I'm particularly grateful that after separate internet research of the area's charms and drawbacks, the lie of the land and sea, we separately both chose the same part to head for...

I give thanks for (kind of) fixing the (literal) wardrobe malfunction which was my primary task of the day having spent yesterday evening getting everything out of the heap and spreading it around everywhere else. I'd managed to reach a rather inaccessible former curtain pole which I figured I could cut to size if I took my time - say a week or ten days. No I'm not joking. And then I'd bought some fixings but it turned out they wouldn't have fitted even if I'd have been fit enough to fit them so in the end I mended the rail with stronger tape and redistributed the weight...and now I'll have to wait and see! 

I give thanks for the (temporary) feeling of achievement and organisation the above has given me. All things must fly past though...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics