Friday 13 June 2014

Not on the high street

I give thanks for the marvelous moon last night and the splendid sun today. It's a pretty pointless human trait to make qualitative judgments about things that remain unmoved by our opinion (including the weather, the seasons, traffic jams and pain) but if you try to be neutral or find something positive to say you are moving towards more of your own wellbeing which has got to be good for everyone else as well. Well, that's how I see it anyway...and the sunshine got me moving towards somewhere else instead of staying home and being neutral about pain so I'm extra grateful for that. Even the traffic jams meant a longer sit down when I finally got on the bus!


I give thanks for a boat trip across the blue of the bay. For going to a shop where they sometimes have clothes I like the look of, and the price, and the fit and can get in and out of easily to find out. This time I found a dress which was perfect apart from being slightly baggy under the arms but which was constructed in such a way that this could be easily and neatly remedied - something strangely shaped seamstresses will know is as rare as finding a garment that doesn't need altering.

I give thanks for having a yen for something goats' cheese and chutneyish for lunch, finding nowhere in easy walking distance where it was served and finally plumping for a quiet but welcoming looking place just off the main drag where there were some other things to my taste like hummous available. After the owner had apologised to me for being on the phone when I came in, I apologised to her for still not making up my mind and explained I'd had an unrealistic food fantasy for a fishing port. When she heard what it was she rustled up that very thing on a small home made seeded panini with some leaves and balsamic on the side. Very grateful indeed...

I give thanks for this heartwarming tale of youth (don't be fooled by the headline)
https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/canada-14-olds-hack-atm-using-default-password-172605868.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics