Monday 23 June 2014

Own devices

It was only after my little mobile ran out of juice this morning that I realised my camera had been plugged into the phone charger all night and the phone was on the camera one. Neither device seemed to mind so that's less to pack when I go away in a couple of weeks! I'm grateful I managed to write that without going 'all being well' but although the ferry is booked and there's no obvious reason why I shouldn't be on it, I always try to be tentative in my assumptions...

I'm grateful to knitting Jenny for calling to say she wasn't going to the group today as she usually gives me a lift and she knows knowing in advance she won't be is helpful for planning my day and energy allocation. I'm grateful I got there eventually and not too late for the tea tray! There were only four of us and three of us were actually knitting but the gels gel better in a smaller group I find, and we had a good old natter as well...

I'm grateful walking back to the bus stop meant I had to pass the Turkish bakers, that I had enough change in my purse for lentil balls and rice stuffed vine leaves for a snacky tea...and that they had some left to sell me. 

I'm grateful for remembering a hair product I used to use (I even remember giving half a tub of it away to a curly friend when it seemed I'd not live long enough to see mine again) and finding they still make it. It's very cheap and very effective and easily available at larger Boots' stores so I was even more grateful when I realised if you order in a little one to collect there there's no charge. It's even on special offer so a double jammy bargain...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics