Wednesday 11 June 2014

Just peachy

I've been grateful for a rather quiet and inactive end to the day after the busy times preceding, and for some tennis matches starting just as I sat down (which has happened a lot the last couple of weeks and may indicate I'm sitting down too often!). I give thanks that when one of them ended prematurely a little spare time was filled by showing the last game of last year's men's single final at Wimbledon, so that I could relive its twists and turns, thrills and spills and the wonder of being there that day.

I was very grateful for Beth arriving unexpectedly at a time when I really felt in need of some companionable company, to cook for and to cook for me, to treat one another and to listen. It's unusual for me to have someone to air cares and concerns to, and someone who actually pays attention when I do is very rare indeed! Understanding other people see themselves as centres of universes in which you are merely peripheral can be a helpful concept to be aware of, if rather challenging when you're challenged. I'm grateful when I remember to try to do it myself, and also when I remember if others don't, one should be compassionate not cross.

I give thanks for the memory of these beautiful blooms tossing in the breeze yesterday, and for the gift of a peach!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics