Monday 2 June 2014

Monday service

I woke up to that 'Monday morning feeling' and was very grateful that for most of my working life I was self employed, or had jobs I liked...or worked Saturdays and Sundays as well! I've done manual things, and mental ones, been creative quietly at home and dealt with the demands of customers face to face or on the phone, but I can honestly say the most taxing task by far must be medical retirement - it's seriously exhausting looking after yourself sometimes.

I give thanks for all the willing, loving support and assistance there is in the world, whether the recipients are unwell or not, and for the times I find something I can do for someone else even if it's just buying a Big Issue, or making someone smile. Of course I'm grateful when I pay folk money and I get some kind of service that helps me too...but today I gratefully received some free forceful pointing of feet to derriere from the CAB regarding some of the services are supposed to help that have failed to function recently. I was grateful for knowing where there's a pharmacy that dispenses tea and cake, and for timely buses and sunshine too so that, although there were ways I'd rather have spend the day's time and energy, it was as pleasant an experience as it could be in the circumstances with pretty views through the windows and tunes inside my ears.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics