Sunday 22 June 2014

Yes and no

Envisaging how exhausting I was likely to find the air show trip I nearly said no, but it's not like I get inundated with invitations to do things I'd really like to and I figured the comfort of kindly company and private transport might balance out some of the physical stresses. There's times you really should just say 'Yes!' and I'm very grateful I did...and also very grateful I hadn't quite envisaged quite the amount of exhaustion that would follow! After taking it very easy I'd thought I might feel human again by evening but certainly not by the early part of it anyhow, so I'm also very grateful I realised I really should say say 'no' to another outing today when I found a message with another invitation when I came home last night. (That's pretty much the nearest I've ever been to inundated!) I gave thanks that that one could be rearranged for another day...

I was grateful for all the things you might imagine - for the perfect weather including quite still air above us so all the smoke effects worked well; for seeing various aircraft and especially the Red Arrows display on a big sky stage - but also for the surprisingly attractive scenery, low prices and friendly locals (when a town bills itself as somewhere you might be 'pleasantly surprised by' you tend to steel yourself for not...), for the chatty chap who stationed himself next to us finding a friend and for being bought a cake on the way home! Of course, despite my intentions not to, I still tried to capture a photo or two though some quality of the endless sparkly blue seemed to make it hard for cameras to focus on those little moving spots even before the sun was smack bang right overhead...but this encapsulates the loveliness of the day...


And this day? I've been grateful for lots and lots of rest, boiled eggs for lunch and fish fingers for tea, a bit of knitting and a Columbo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics