Tuesday 3 June 2014

The row is long...

No, row, not row - so it sort of rhymes with the song! I give thanks for discovering how much easier it is to knit on circular needle if your hands don't work very well, and that some allegedly lush yarn bought from ebay is...and is safely here and very gradually growing into a garment. I'm grateful that my assessment of its actual colour and texture turned out to be pretty close to what it is, and that I like it. I'm grateful to say I've usually been fortunate in my internet purchases this way, by means of a mixture of wisdom, experience, comparing Google images, bravery and luck - and you'll have to employ the same to formulate any idea what it looks like from this photo too, I'm afraid.


After trying the rice cure, I give thanks that, although my Sony Walkman mp3 player hasn't fully survived being dropped in a loo, rinsed under a tap and blown out of my hands twice by a ferocious blast from a hand dryer to land on a marble floor, it does function a little. There's nothing showing on the screen and no way of choosing music, and it now exclusively plays Imee Ooi's soothing compositions based on Buddhist chants and mantras, presumably because that was what I was listening to before the damage occurred rather than their intrinsic specialness and personal value. But due to their intrinsic specialness and personal value I'm pretty grateful they're still there! There's all manner of listening to music nowadays, of course, but the best sound quality I've ever had you can put in your pocket still comes from a Sony Walkman...

I'm grateful for remaining largely good natured in today's dealings regarding the matter I was assured was dealt with yesterday. I enjoyed the feeling that it was resolved but clearly someone still has more to learn from the situation...maybe me! I'm grateful for getting as much rest and relaxation as possible between tackling the mental challenges and physical demands of those ever ongoing chores, including a nap, a meditate, some Shiatsu stretches and the simple rhythm of knitting...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics