Monday 9 June 2014

Dog tired

I'm grateful the physical discomfort keeping me awake last night gave me more time to consider some of those tough decisions coming up. Sometimes I think...
though on the whole I prefer not to! But as that clear minded meditative state was elusive it was OK to keep turning things over in my head trying to get comfortable with them, just as I kept trying to rearrange my body. I was a bit like this in the morning...

http://twistedsifter.com/videos/not-a-morning-person-meet-your-spirit-animal/

...and very grateful my mail collect service seems at last to be working so that the post was safe while I lolled about not nearly so cutely!

I was grateful when the rather short to do list I'd created for myself today had space in it (originally earmarked for rest) where some of the unforeseen circumstances could land, but that I still could squeeze in the rest of the rest.

I give thanks for making it to Knit and Natter, where there was not a lot of either going on but quite a lot of quite deep discussion and sharing instead. I joined for group stitchery but it's more like group therapy sometimes...goodness knows what the other library users must think if they overhear.

I give thanks for the special treat of being made a cup of tea and for Jenny kindly giving me a lift home afterwards. I'm grateful I've said I'll go to choir later as well as it's so easy not to do stuff when, no matter how much you enjoy the activity or the outcome, it all seems such hard work. If it's all going to seem such hard work, activities or outcomes I enjoy are something to be grateful for indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics