Saturday 7 June 2014

5 4 3

I give thanks to Ann for the title of this post. I've never met her but she exchanges a sentence or two with me sometimes, which is more than can be said for most of the folk I have! This isn't a complaint - after a very demanding couple of weeks physically, mentally and emotionally I've been thinking it's good that I'm on my own because if someone was around I'd be sure to want to talk to them about at least some of it at some length, and people would rather focus on their own stuff usually I find. I'm grateful I made a special resolution this morning not to let pain or stress or frustration make me any more selfish than I am already, and I hope the various call centre and office staff I've had to deal with were grateful too!

I'm grateful for all the things that woke me up in the night since clearly this means I must have been sleeping soundly in between. There was a rowdy group of women screeching up the hill in the wee small hours, a cracking thunderstorm with lots of rain and then the morning crow chorus - not my favourite avian sound I have to admit - but the pigeons and corvids we have nesting this year make a change from the usual raucous gulls.

Oh, and I'm grateful the Nigella awesome flower patch down the lane is coming into bloom again. And for the Rosejam. No, sadly not a gridlock of florist's vans bringing me pick-me-up bouquets, but the bubble bath melt I bought from Lush yesterday. I'm trying to make it last, though I'll have to keep using it to do proper research into its durability I guess (sigh!).


I'm also cautiously grateful that some things that weren't working a few days ago seem to be so now after hard graft, persevering patience. Well they were last time I checked anyhow and I don't intend to put their durability to the test again today...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics