Tuesday 17 June 2014

Zap and the art of fridge maintenance

Yay, I mended the fridge freezer! So many bits of kit about the place are showing their age and infirmity when it started ejecting considerable quantities of water I thought it was falling apart too, but it turns out to be just a blocked drainage duct. Overriding my healthy reticence regarding poking about in fridge workings and resourcefully creating a tool for the job were reasons to be grateful in themselves but now it's not dripping I am very pleased indeed...

I give thanks that I managed to 'win' a new Sony Walkman on ebay for a reasonable price. I could have managed with the damaged one still only playing Imee Ooi music but now it only does it in Zap mode so you just get a few seconds of each track which is considerably less restful and uplifting I find... Buying one on ebay also means I don't have to travel on a bus to get one from Argos without the aural insulation and distracting soundtrack that is sometimes required, so I'm grateful for that too. 

I'm grateful the sun came out this afternoon for the sake of those who went out in it, and I'm grateful I resisted temptation to join them. After a day of not doing very much at all energetic, I'm giving thanks for feeling a lot better this evening. I've done a little sewing...and a great deal of thinking about sewing as I'm making something I've not done before so have to consider my every move whether with scissors or pins or thread. I'm grateful it seems to be going according to plan so far. Oh, and for some yummy homemade blueberry buns for breakfast...

Though not a football fan I also give thanks for spotting this excellent idea I spotted earlier today. Collective effervescence from the comfort of your own sofa - top scorer for me!
http://twistedsifter.com/2014/06/berlin-stadium-turned-into-giant-living-room/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics