Thursday 26 June 2014

Making waves

Mmm, I give thanks for being out in the wind and (at times) quite torrential rain. What a treat...no, seriously, it was for me, and I was grateful there were so few folk around and I could laugh aloud and sing in it...though I didn't quite manage any dancing! I give thanks that the trusty Eastcliffers were open just in case any hardy souls came by, still good natured and welcoming, though until the sea wall walk is mended there's not much 'by' to go to and they must rely on wave watchers on stormy days.

There were chores that had to be done in town, and I'm grateful I got most of them done. I also went to a gift shop where they sometimes have beads as the bracelets I wear all summer are in need of re-stringing and maybe a revamp, and the person who keeps saying they'll help with this is always otherwise engaged so, although I'm fairly sure it's going to be fairly impossible to do myself, I want to have a go... The lady in the shop turned out to have crates full of the kinds I love and to love putting colours and shapes and textures together as much as I do. She has invited me back for a creative play to see what I can make/she can make for me. I'm very grateful!

I give thanks to Mr Tesco for making lunch, and for getting stuck into some life admin arranging an appointment regarding a legal matter, and chasing some paperwork about a medical one, fitting in a few rows of knitting while watching a few games of tennis and then not surprisingly, falling asleep for a few hours too for which my body was most grateful...

I give thanks to people whose names begin with L and A for thoughtful messages without any updates on their own problems, and for everyone else who's given me opportunities for practising long distance compassion... There were some chums I was looking forward to seeing this week, but in a way I've been grateful it didn't work out this way as I might not have been very good at giving my full attention, listening and asking the questions they want me to so that they can say the thing they want to say next...it can be hard indeed to be a good friend when you're a friend in need. (NB. If anyone whose name begins with P wants to update me on any of their problems, I'll do my best to be one because I've asked a couple of times now and am beginning to worry about you!)

I give thanks for my curly whirly Big Yellow Taxi hair...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics