Thursday 30 November 2017

Cutting out

I give thanks for being in such a contented mood the last few weeks, and for remaining aware this was a fragile and transient state. Now it's wearing off I give thanks for quelling the panic and self pity this morning and getting stuck into some of the tasks I've thought I'm going to appreciate having done over the next couple of weeks. I give thanks for less pain and more energy which helps.

I give thanks for starting to cut out and pin some fabric I'm going to want to sew, as using the sewing machine will probably become possible again more quickly than using scissors and pins. For doing some cooking to freeze...and for it suddenly dawning on me you can grate turmeric and ginger, which is so much easier than chopping for my fingers, and you don't get an orange chopping board either!

I give thanks for discovering I can eat Doritos. I've never been much moved to before, regarding them as a poor (and grossly over artificially flavoured) substitute for crisps. But now I've had to cut out crisps, and have read the fine print on the lightly salted variety (seeing they are basically just corn and oil and salt) I'm a convert! In fact I'll have to be converting my garments to larger sizes if I carry on appreciating them this much...

I give thanks for Mima inviting me to homemade lunch today, and for Julie agreeing to bring me home after my surgery. I will need someone to open the doors to get back in the flat I think, let alone the transport.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics