Tuesday 10 May 2016

Top job

I give thanks for Rachel putting back some of what the last couple of weeks has taken out...by eating with relish (literal and metaphorical) the food I had made, helping me serve it and doing ALL the washing up! By treating me by letting me talk about the things I felt I needed to, by giving me acupuncture and by the gifting of a dress from a vast hoard gifted to her from her sister who's been clearing out her trendy consultant's wardrobe... Also for her suggesting, as for various reasons choir was off both our agendas, that we meditated together a while instead. I'd forgotten how different it is when you don't do it alone, and so had she, and we both we very glad we did...

I give thanks for pottering about after she left with even MORE sorting out, and for half a glass of Crabbies to keep me company. I give thanks for having the ginger gene...

I give thanks for opening my laptop for no reason before I went for my bath and realising the Tesco order I thought I'd updated was waiting for one more click and that I had time to do it.

For a 'No listen, I am always right!' sort of delivery driver today ...not usually my favourite sort of person but I try to remember how personally improving it can be to practice not being one as well... And as it meant he insisted I ought to accept the second unordered and uncharged box of expensive water filter cartridges I'd expected just one of (at half price), well I definitely couldn't argue with that for long either...

I give thanks for getting on with some dressmaking today, including a cunning stunt with a bikini top (yes, I always have to look at that phrase twice too!) Not being the kind of radical radical cystectomy patient who lets it all hang out, I already thought the bottom half was already quite cunning as it's a fifties pin up style with a high waist, but not being endowed with a fifties pin up style top half some nipping and tucking had to be done...

I give thanks for spring greens - well this sort anyhow. Not wild about cabbage...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics