Monday 9 May 2016

Still here

I give thanks for the sudden skittery wind last night, except that it woke me up just as I was falling asleep and made me get up and close the wide open windows (which was probably a good thing) and then lie staring into the night til the not so very small hours mentally wrestling with various conundrums (which probably was not!) I give thanks I've some potentially nice things to plan and prepare for, and that I have to also be prepared for the fact that not so nice events may preclude them happening...because, let's face it, all of us should always be prepared for that...

I give thanks I didn't have to get up for work today...nor anything else very urgent. I give thanks I've had the chance to try out various variously gainful occupations in my life...and can report back from the other side that the hardest job by far is being rather unwell for a rather long period of time. If you have any opportunity to avoid this folks, do...and if you absolutely must succumb for goodness sake find some nice people to look after you first!

I give thanks for the grey and murky drizzly day - perfect for fitting in as much rest as possible given resting is not something that comes easily to me as long as I'm actually conscious. I give thanks for drifting off here and there... I give thanks for the useful things I did here and there too. There are definite signs of environment improvement around...

I give thanks the leaves are opening so swiftly you could probably watch them if you sat still enough. I give thanks there are lots of trees around me here...though I do feel a little as if I'm disappearing into the green...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics