Thursday 26 May 2016

May day

I give thanks for the May day - a day that felt like May instead of maybe we'll die of hypothermia. I give thanks for staggering about a bit...less staggering would be preferable of course, but it was stagger or sit still and in between sitting still some staggering about in the sunshine was required. 

I give thanks for the sitting still in the sunshine - that was the best bit! For a takeaway tea and a leftover puff... For the textures and colours at very low tide...


I give thanks for seeing a few folk I knew in town enough to say hello to, and Laura who I know enough to say more to. I give thanks for a catch up chat, and that I was able to ask her for help with something - not carrying me and my shopping home which would have been ideal at the time, but watering my plants in a couple of weeks when I hope to be away for a few June days. I don't like asking for help so I give thanks I have few opportunities, but plant watering is something even a well person might ask for so I didn't mind as much. I give thanks for finding out half term is starting and she's off on a trip she's been looking forward to...I give thanks for everyone for whom half term means double fun.

I give thanks for Soula's hummus for my tea, with salad and focaccia - something easy to get on a plate and get  in my mouth as my top jointshurt as much as the bottom ones. I give thanks for the bath water heating up and the weather cooling down - I need to help myself to some rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics