Monday 23 May 2016

Be good to your elves

I give thanks to the elves for making me laugh with their quite interesting alternative news stories. For Blenduko which I found a new version of for my phone. You can keep your candy and angry games, I like arranging colours!

I give thanks for keeping my eyes tight shut as long into the day as I could. It's not that I don't like Mondays, just waking up to any day sometimes... For feeling I was too tired and sore to do anything when I did, and then getting on and doing it anyway. For bright birdsong in the gardens and shades of silvery grey on the sea.

I give thanks for a cup of tea and a natter with some knitters. For a thoughtful card and gift of biscuits in gratitude for knitted animals for Christine.

I give thanks for tasty roasted pepper and feta soup for tea, and toffee apple rice pudding for afters, made without recourse to recipe books, newspaper food supplements and the like. I quite like arranging ingredients too, especially when you don't seem to have the right ones for a meal...but then remember it's just not the right meal you're thinking of. Metaphor for life in there I'm sure...along with the dodgy grammar!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics