Saturday 28 May 2016

Czech this out

I give thanks for getting out in the hazy sunshine for an hour or so this afternoon to do a couple of necessary things like drink a 50p takeaway cup of tea on the back beach and buy a new top for 99p in a charity shop sale. The piggy bank is rather lean at the moment so a cheap treat is particularly welcome. The top needs a bit of a makeover/refit but that's OK...I give thanks for the opportunity to be cunning and creative with textile engineering.

I give thanks for amusingly being passed twice going down the hill by the same presumably confused wedding party in ribbon bedecked vintage cars. Made me a bit envious though - I have a thing about leather seats!

I give thanks for a picture from my collection as my camera didn't make it out of my bag today. It looked a lot like this only not so empty as the season is now in full swing.


I give thanks for looking for some films or TV to download for offline times, and coming across this dark (literally and metaphorically) foreign gem which sadly expires in a few days so I shall have to up the tablet dose in the meantime! That's OK too. Sometimes snuggling under the covers and shutting out the world with headphones is the best way to spend an evening round here. Well, the best available anyhow... I give thanks for settling down to watch an episode earlier and falling fast asleep - but that was because I was so tired so no reflection on the series at all.
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-lens/episode-guide

I give thanks I can smell the peppers, red onions and vine tomatoes roasting for tea so I know it's time to put the pasta on, and get out the feta and pesto. I give thanks for all the different foods we have to eat now compared to when I was a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics