Friday 13 March 2020

Joyous

Well it wasn't the nicest day in the office but I give thanks for a home made flapjack from Mima, a huge pile of biscuits from the new tea chap who felt sorry for me being right at the end of his round and some interesting conversation with the ward matron including a film recommendation I actually think I would enjoy. For enjoying more of The End of series aforementioned - just love the sound track too!

I give thanks for biting the bullet when I got home and opening the second hospital letter this week. You see those white windowed envelopes with Private and Confidential on them and your heart sinks. This time though it was to to tell me my recent scan showed the cancer mass has shrunk since I started immunotherapy so, though of course it does mean more of the rather horrid side effects, it also means it seems worth putting up with them!

I give thanks for the angel card I turned over this morning being 'Joy' and for thinking I was open to that. For the news making others joyful too! For having food to cook for my tea and enough energy before I start to go and see if there's anything left on the Co-op shelves I might like to add to mine! For years I've called food shopping 'hunting and gathering' and now the name's come true...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics