Monday 23 March 2020

Resourceful

I give thanks my middle name's Baldrick, I wrote...and then saw an Ancestry Facebook post saying the story behind my surname might surprise me! A spot of synchronicity is always welcome round here... After spending the first part of the weekend cunningly planning how best to prepare for the lining paper going up on Wednesday to relieve me of the sight of some horridly surfaced walls (plus a section of pretty paper too!) I then started a slow motion but successful sequence of filling, sanding, painting and moving things around so if I suddenly started feeling as rubbish as I usually do after immunotherapy there wouldn't be too much to do. I was very grateful for the progress and this morning was doing just that little bit more...but by this afternoon I was cancelling everything non life saving on my calendar for 'shielding', so now I'm grateful for my resourcefulness as I turn my attention to how best to live in suspended decoration for a few months without it driving me up the unfinished walls! I've also been giving a lot of thanks almost everything I needed help with in my bedroom has been done over the last couple of weeks and that room already looks comfortable and homely and calm...

I give thanks for another wonderfully sunny spring day and for being early on the pavement for both taxis to enjoy a few minutes of it twice. For the unfurling leaf buds on some of the trees. For the internet caps on my budget broadband package being suspended so I can now watch Netflix on my TV...though when I move the sofa back against the wall it's been away from for the various jobs going on, the screen is not going to seem a whole lot bigger than my tablet! And talking of tablets I give thanks to Ann for sending me two packs of paracetamol. I'm trying to toughen up and I'm very grateful that so far since the shortage the my usual aches and pains have been relatively kind to me. I also give thanks for the folk looking out on my behalf for a variety of other products currently in short supply on nearby shelves...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics