Monday 16 March 2020

High

I give thanks when something crashed against my window last night it was a high flying pheasant not masonry. I was grateful it survived the night as well as a live game bird is odd but easier to deal with if your not a pheasant plucker...but even more so when it vanished not long after we'd eyed each other over my morning cup of tea!


After a bad night I was very tired and also very achey after all my weekend work and play, so I give thanks for almost looking forward to a nice quiet sit down on the unit. I give thanks for eyebrows being raised when my temperature was, but also that it soon went down again after we opened a window and chilled my blood as it wandered to and from the machine. When I asked what they would have done if it hadn't dropped I was relieved to hear my consultant was negotiating same day testing on site, and various other contingency plans.

I give thanks it's been such a beautiful sunny day and for being able to admire it even if mostly through glass. For being home on my sofa with a simple tea waiting for cooking and some soothing bath water heating up, though I think getting back into bed may well be the high spot of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics