Monday 30 March 2020

Nippy

Although I started my second day on the unit a bit like a dog going to the vet, I give thanks it wasn't quite as mentally arduous as before. Physically it was rather challenging from the moment the cab driver insisted I got in behind her as another patient was on the other side of the back seat, making me try not to breathe for a half hour's journey! The upside of this was, as I didn't know who to talk to about it, I talked to everyone who came my way - apart from the driver and the other passenger who seemed to think all was a OK. Sharing taxis is not allowed for anyone at the moment, and certainly out of order for someone who has been sent elsewhere for safety, so I was grateful no one argued with that and I had a whole 7-seater to myself on the return and could enjoy the better views.

I give thanks for surviving the almost unbearable chill in the dual aspect (though the chair doesn't face either) side room. Even a thermal vest and a cosy quilt on top of me didn't help much which is not surprising when your blood is wandering around in the nippy air instead of staying warm inside. I was very grateful for a cup of tea so hot I could hardly lift it and a selection of tasty biscuits. One even had chocolate chips!

I give thanks for being home. Home is where the heater is, and also some ready made chick pea curry from the depths of the larder shelves. That should warm the cockles...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics