Wednesday 18 March 2020

Crabby

It's not just the virus that's catching - I've started feeling miserable, grumpy and resentful too! I give thanks for being aware of this and trying to be accepting of my mood and the situations that cause it...whilst also endeavouring not to pass it on too much.

I give thanks for understanding one of the reasons for being below par today is being so tired after being so energetic yesterday. Fair enough really I guess. As well as hunting and gathering ingredients I got some cooking done too, so I'm grateful for now having a few meals to eat without having to do more much more than than heat them up.

I give thanks for also understanding that it's amazing I'm still receiving both renal and cancer treatment, and I just have to accept that having the two on the same day is never going to be easy as the two sets of systems, timings, staff and procedures just do not mesh well. As my personal transport budget has had to be shelved for now I am at the mercy of the non patient facing schedulers who are as aware of life at the painful end as the supermarket CEOs. Tesco's sent customers a message asking people to shop in store to free up the (currently non-existent) collection and delivery slots for the elderly and vulnerable...and have offered us an hour on Monday Wednesday and Friday mornings too. He probably thinks we have cars doesn't he... Maybe with chauffeurs too!

I give thanks for finding some chamomile tea on the ever more bare shelves of the Co-op...and for showing restraint by only buying one packet. I was tempted by the potential calm of Crabbie's as well... Wonder how long this restraint malarkey will last?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics