Tuesday 10 March 2020

Low

I give thanks for not feeling so low in spirits today, though I did wake up at three thirty and couldn't get back to sleep which is a classic symptom of depression. As 'finishing' the living room has been put back by several weeks and several more pounds than I'm ready to spend, I give thanks for gently progressing with bedrooms 1 and 2...and for the luxury of having a spare! For the easy assembly of a budget but rather beautiful ottoman bought last week to contain summer clothes contained in boxes, as a friend who was moving said they wanted those... And though I'm far from a perfectionist, for the satisfaction of getting round and down to prepping the last section of skirting board hitherto under the bed ready for a lick of paint.

I give thanks for going out for a couple of hours on a remarkably beautiful train ride to get a bit of a staycation feeling. One of the causes of my glumness has been how hard it is for dialysis patients to have even a short break as so few UK units have spare capacity (abroad has been scuppered by Brexit, except for those who are rich enough to pay for their treatment..and lucky enough not to have cancer!) I was grateful therefore to be able to appreciate a bit of somewhere different nearby. For the tide being the lowest I've seen it for the longest time providing unusual sights and views around the coast and estuary and for brightness where I was but dark clouds always to add some atmosphere. For this mural in an underpass which never fails yo please. For drizzly rain when I got home and being snug on my sofa.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics