Saturday 7 March 2020

Wise

I give thanks for appreciating apparently simple comforts last night and today - a book I kept wanting to find out what happened next in, something equally gripping on TV, a long fragrant bubbly bath, extremely cheap but extremely tasty date sensitive bargains from local grocery stores (well the ones I put in my mouth rather than the freezer were tasty anyway!) For realising how blessed I am to have these kinds of pleasures so easily obtained...

For a shivery cloudy morning turning into a patchily bright day so that eventually the empty streets began to fill. Though I don't blame anyone for not venturing out first thing, I was a little worried maybe the world as we know it had ground to a halt overnight. That 70s TV programme Survivors seems to have left an indelible mark on my psyche! I give thanks for venturing out myself eventually and in my travels finding a shop with some paracetamol to sell. Another had toilet roll, but obviously I need to keep the locations secret to avoid creating a stampede!

I give thanks, after a relaxed and snoozy couple of hours, for having a bit of a go at getting more ready a) for Sam the decorating man who is due on Monday morning, and b) for Julie who is coming tomorrow to help me get ready for that. For my hands being amenable to these activities for a while and, I hope, stopping in time to finish making the meal I started earlier before they start hurting too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics