Thursday 5 March 2020

Wet

I give thanks for a good sleep and a trip to St. Mary's in my dreams. I give thanks for having been to the Isles of Scilly so am well aware what I am missing!

For waking up to torrential rain...and not having to get out of bed. For the windows being brighter for a bit of a power wash! For having a home to protect me from the elements...and for having a home which, despite being an irritating muddle with so many jobs going on and so little energy, I enjoy being in so much.

I give thanks for not feeling nauseous today, and a little more capable of pottering around indoors. For making one of my yummy Eve's puddings - blueberry and Bramley flavour this time...and for getting a paintbrush briefly wet.

For plenty of rests and reminding myself to go slowly in between, and not at my own chosen speed. For knowing a cultural reference when one inadvertently slips into my idiolect...and for thinking that and *almost* wishing I was discovering fascinating findings about language use with the OU again. Luckily, though the prospectus makes my mouth water the fees, make me wince!

Most of all, and best of all today, has been a sense there's a quality of life to justify the quantity of treatments and associated hospital visits, feeling horrible, tedious travel, phone calls, emails and waiting around that make up so much of it. It isn't a given that my situation gives me this, so I'm extremely grateful when it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics