Sunday 24 September 2017

A brief history of some time

Wow! I give thanks for the most wonderful time yesterday evening! I'd grabbed some food and made a hot water bottle to soothe my creaky kidney, and thought I'd settle down to watch The Theory of Everything, which I had recorded and seemed the right movie for the place I was in... And then... And then... The guys upstairs went out...and stayed out! I could enjoy the whole film without so much as a creaking floorboard spoiling the lost in story space.

I give thanks for a TV adaptation of P. K. Dick's tales. The set design in the first one reminding me of Blade Runner (a long time favourite film)...and then in the ad break there was a trailer for something even more reminiscent, which turned out to be a kind of sequel out in cinemas soon. I would be very grateful if I got to see that!

I give thanks for a long lie in after a night with a lot of sleeplessness in it. For pottering about rather successfully, getting on with sorting out craft materials for passing on to new homes or storing more compactly in mine...and some work on some projects too. I give thanks for tidying up before Mima came round with scones and jam for a pot of tea and a catch up chat. That she's agreed to take me to the recycling centre/charity shop drop off point soon.

I give thanks for the increasingly murky day. I love bright sunshine but there's something very appealingly cosy (when I want to stay indoors) about the fog creeping stealthily down the hillside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics