Saturday 30 September 2017

On a little dishy

I give thanks for seeing acorns on the ground, and suddenly feeling six years old again.

I give thanks for turning my mattress. I've been having some pain returning in my back and thought it might help in the long term even if not in the immediate aftermath! My hands have been very sore too, so I give thanks for being quite tired and not minding too much doing as much craftwork as I'd have liked to.

I give thanks for my first attempt at a kind of kedgeree. The egg wasn't ready in time but I give thanks for that as I can have it for tea instead! I've been advised to cut down on ready made fish fingers and fishcakes because of the additives in the breadcrumbs, so am trying to get my head round cooking dishes 'from fresh' ie frozen chunks which I find less horrendous than the real thing. I've never recovered from my first toddler shock of watching catches prepared when the boats came in!


I give thanks for making the flapjacks too crumbly and trying to get them out of the baking tray too soon. When this happens you have to eat the bits with a spoon and have no idea how many 'slices' you might have had. No, of course it wasn't deliberate! I did deliberately leave out a chunk of the sugar in hopes of making them less irresistible, but that wasn't very successful either...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics