Saturday 23 September 2017

Up and down

I give thanks for getting up this morning...it's a struggle sometimes to be sure. I was aching just about everywhere and not feeling well, but I put the former down to moving my heavy double bed yesterday to get the vacuum at the dust field underneath. As for the latter, well I guess all things considered it's no wonder I feel a tad under par now and then. I give thanks it's as little as it is...and, miserable though it makes me, that I'm somehow still here, still trundling along...

I give thanks I had a letter to Kostas to take to be weighed and some parcels to pick up from the PO so there was a time limit on lolling about feeling feeble and sorry for myself...

I give thanks for my Uniqlo packaway down jacket. It's chilly up the hill in the shade of the terrace but by the time I've done the buttons up I'm at the bottom and on a mild day like today it's time to take it off and squeeze it into its little bag. For the fresh breeze and the sailors racing on the glittering sea... For thinking a snack in the sun would be fun and then, as the gloom of nutritional restrictions settled in, for smelling donuts and realising they're actually not on the banned list (as far as I know - it's a long and growing list and I may not have assimilated it all)

I give thanks for being very pleased with a 'new' jumper from my favourite online store... Plus a necessary item to start an entirely new craft project - as in a craft I've never tried before. Bearing in mind I've dabbled in all manner of manual creativity from silver smithing to potato printing this is quite exciting...well, quite exciting to me anyway ;-)

I give thanks for a long rest on the sofa when I got back up the hill with these and other items...enjoying the peacefulness of many neighbouring folk staying down it a while longer!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics