Monday 25 September 2017

Old songs

So what can I say, this bright autumn day? I give thanks for the change in the weather, for sleeping more soundly, waking up less sad. ..  And yes, for having Mr Cale in my head!

I give thanks for vague plans for a variety of excursions with various folk. For the patience of people who keep hearing me say my opportunities are running out and I must take them...and will they take them with me... and take me with them too? Especially for the ones who say yes, of course... and for the ones who mean it most of all! I give thanks for all the twaddle talkers too (whether well meaning or simply saying what they think they should - without thinking)... For trying to have compassion for those who don't even seem to try...

I give thanks to Jenny for a lift to the library, to Linda (who loves poetry) for showing me some about dialysis...

For the warm sunshine and warm people I met. For chasing up some paperwork that turned out to be lost in someone else's heap. For the serene blue of the sea, the soft sound of tiny waves lapping...and a peek through the fence at the lovely garden where the choir I used to sing with used to meet.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics