Friday 29 September 2017

Spooning

I give thanks for a lazy evening, an early night and a long slow start to the day. I give thanks for still feeling astonishingly well...but sometimes, quite reasonably, my body does request a bit of extra rest.

I give thanks for eventually stirring, making lunch and starting a stir fry for my tea in case I was too tired when I came back from my in town chores.

I give thanks for being rather taken by some little metal spoons with heart shaped bowls in the fancy pants kitchen shop, and when the owner said they were particularly popular in February, something moved me to say my birthday was in the middle of that month. Can you guess when mine is, he asked... And I guessed it might be around then too. And it turned out we shared the day, and a slight lingering grievance as to the nuisance of it in many ways...so that was kind of pleasing too.

I give thanks for my favourite quorn sausages, organic wholemeal flour and dark soft fair trade sugar being on spesh in the fancy pants supermarket where I'd gone for a bit of special tofu for my tea. And for spending the money saved on a cab home with my heavy bags...

I give thanks for the tofu making the yummiest stir fry with garlic and ginger, various veg and beansprouts. I give thanks the recommended portion size of the latter in my renal diet sheet is 'as many as desired'! Ooh... And I give thanks I've just remembered I started making an Eve's pudding while I was finishing that! I give thanks today hasn't all been about cooking. There's been some eating too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics