Wednesday 27 September 2017

Warm and fuzzy

I give thanks for the cosy sound of rain on window panes when you are snug inside. For Laura picking me up for a walk in the park and a cuppa on the sea front before it began. I give thanks for her contentment and joy in her new life with her new man (and his dog!). I probably can't really imagine what it's like to be in a warm and supportive relationship but I get the impression I might have rather enjoyed it if the opportunity had come my way...

I give thanks for all my friends having happy stuff going on just now. Well, of course I give thanks for everyone having happy stuff, but when it's people you know and care about you can really sense the good feelings they're having, can't you?

Meanwhile I give thanks for not having too much difficulty and disappointment to deal with today - only three phone calls and one email about medical stuff and none of it any worse news than it was already!

I give thanks for making some progress with my new project. We're probably not allowed to say 'Can you tell what it is yet?' any more are we? But can you anyway?


There are many things I have always wanted to do that I have to accept I cannot make happen, but I give thanks I've made a start on one that maybe I can - creating a latchhooked rag rug. I've made peg loomed rag rugs, crochet and plaited ones but this a new technique to me and I am finding it very enjoyable - which is good as it's quite a large area of canvas I intend to fill! I give thanks it will use up considerable amount of leftover fabric I have...and that I can 'treat' myself to the odd bit of new to blend in the colours and make it extra pleasing to my eyes. Cheap thrills eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics