Thursday 28 September 2017

Food and thought

I give thanks for TV camerapersons taking me to such scenic places - in the past 24 hrs I've oohed and aahed over Chile and the Caucasus, whilst recording a bit of Alaska!

I give thanks for real travels today...as in going somewhere I'd never been. It was just down the road from somewhere I had but I love new no matter how near! For sharing a really rather good catering van breakfast with Mima by the side of a canal in the sunshine. I don't eat a lot of meat products and usually when I do they come in packs labelled organic, free range and serenaded by Stradivarius violins... Well, maybe the last bit is a bit of an exaggeration, but you get the idea. These were the nicest 'normal' bits of pig I've had in a long time...

I give thanks for depositing a car boot's worth of unwanted items at the recycling centre and hospice shop, mulling over how we imagine acquiring things will produce desirable states of mind, but somehow getting rid of them is a source of pleasure too...

For accompanying Mima to Morrisons. Another unusual event for me, and in the midst of my usual sniffiness about the offerings, getting all excited about smoked garlic which I last found in a street market in a nearby very alternative town. Morrisons is much handier for this delicacy...

I give thanks my experimental kidney friendly curried cauliflower soup turned out pretty well, and that there was some left over in the fridge to heat up for my tea with minimum exertion. For a rest after a busy few days and fretful nights trying to think up solutions to tricksy situations. For the internet and email so you can ask for help and advice without even getting out of bed. If you might not get it anyway, this is a good way of minimising what might be wasted effort...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics