Wednesday 2 October 2019

Cincuenta y tres


I probably would have been grateful I made today's tea yesterday anyway, but after a delayed start to treatment and a missing taxi home I was particularly pleased to walk through my door almost an hour later than expected knowing it was waiting for me. For the driver this morning being one I have interesting conversations with about self preservation, and that we'd been reminding ourselves and each other not to go into victim mode about life's delays and annoyances. Stuff happens (or doesn't) but not to you personally, so there's no need to take it that way and start muttering 'typical', 'just my luck' and 'should have known'. That kind of thinking is likely to do you more harm than a red traffic light or whatever..

I give thanks for noticing the bread was going mouldy before toasting some to go with the stew... And for having more in the freezer.

For thinking logically where my keys might be instead of blundering around looking in silly places and causing more mess and muddle. For the concept we know as September being over - not one of my favourite thirty day spans. Also, I believe the swigging masses are being urged to curb their alcohol intake now October is here and you know what that means, don't you? Yep, it must be sherry trifle time for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics