Tuesday 22 October 2019

Setenta y tres

I give thanks it's so much easier to get out of bed now... well physically anyway, the psychological side is something else! For an afternoon outing to a different hospital, and so along a road less travelled (with pretty skies above and reflections on the river below) and via a hearty lunch and a carpet chain. Yes, I too tend to be sniffy about carpet chains, but this one actually had something I liked - suitable for the hall, at a price I could afford and with a friendly chap behind the desk. They also had one of the loveliest carpets I've ever seen on the office section floor. Bit out of my price range at £90 a metre but that's fine because the pattern needed a bigger room to do it justice...


I give thanks for Mima's company and chauffeuring, including collecting a clicked order at you know who on the way back. What a very civilised way to shop - if you have a car of course!

The main reason for the trip was my physio appointment, and I'm grateful this has been delayed as it was long and quite hard work though also interesting and informative. Basically my lower spine is seriously worn and torn and there's nothing to be done about that, but I'm in quite good nick as far as core strength, suppleness and range of movement goes - for which apparently I should take credit as it's due to keeping on moving despite the stiffness and pain. (Pause to give thanks here for living alone and having to - or at least feeling I have to instead of giving up which apparently people do!) We've agreed I should come back for another session working out a range of long term exercises to help keep things that way, and I give thanks I'm kind of looking forward to that. I like feeling there's something I can do to help myself and this chap feels like the right one to help me do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics